Following the success of Tees Valley Careers.com – Tees Valley Combined Authority’s 11-18 careers education initiative – our Primary School Careers Education Pilot is now available free of charge to all Tees Valley primary schools.
As part of the programme we have created the Primary Careers Framework based on the Gatsby Benchmarks. The framework mirrors the one developed for 11-18 education establishments and is a tool to help guide you on delivering careers education provision to your pupils.
Benefits to pupils:
- Activities are designed to help raise aspirations and broaden children’s horizons and give them self-belief by putting careers education in the curriculum and connecting learning to life.
- Provides engaging, hands-on experiences that students need to explore real-life STEM and Enterprise concepts.
- Supports the development of non-academic skills such as enterprise, financial awareness, behaviours, and life skills.
- Improves pupils’ knowledge of different educational and employment pathways, helping them to make informed choices when planning their futures.
Benefits to schools:
- Helps you start careers education early! Complementing and enhancing your schools’ current career related learning throughout Key Stage 1 and 2 and supporting transition into Key Stage 3.
- Improves teachers’ knowledge and skills around careers education.
- Helps your school establish strong, meaningful links with local businesses and industry leaders, through employer engagement opportunities.
- Access age-appropriate career-related activities that support curriculum planning.
- Supports the attainment of achieving the ‘Investor in Careers Primary Award’.
To find out more, please register your interest by emailing email@example.com with your name, contact details, primary school, and location.
A member of the Careers Team will get back to you to discuss your current careers provision and advise on the opportunities available, including activity providers and resources.