A Primary school careers pilot was delivered in 2021 – 2022, as part of the programme we created the Primary Careers Framework based on the Gatsby Benchmarks. The framework mirrors the one developed for 11-18 education establishments and is a tool to help guide you on delivering careers education provision to your pupils.
Benefits to pupils:
- Activities were designed to help raise aspirations and broaden children’s horizons and give them self-belief by putting careers education in the curriculum and connecting learning to life.
- It provided engaging, hands-on experiences that students need to explore real-life STEM and Enterprise concepts.
- It Supported the development of non-academic skills such as enterprise, financial awareness, behaviours, and life skills.
- Improved pupils’ knowledge of different educational and employment pathways, helping them to make informed choices when planning their futures.
Benefits to schools:
- Helps you start careers education early! Complementing and enhancing your schools’ current career related learning throughout Key Stage 1 and 2 and supporting transition into Key Stage 3.
- Improves teachers’ knowledge and skills around careers education.
- Helps your school establish strong, meaningful links with local businesses and industry leaders, through employer engagement opportunities.
- Access age-appropriate career-related activities that support curriculum planning.
- Supports the attainment of achieving the ‘Investor in Careers Primary Award’.
To find out more, please register your interest by emailing email@example.com with your name, contact details, primary school, and location.
A member of the Careers Team will get back to you to discuss opportunities available.