Within this section we aim to provide the tools and resources needed to support you in your journey to achieving the Gatsby Benchmarks.
The resources and toolkit will include useful websites, guidance and resources across all eight benchmarks and will include lesson plans, apprenticeship resources and curriculum content.
We will be regularly reviewing and adding to this section and are keen to share any best practice across the region.
Devolution of the Adult Education Budget (AEB) to Tees Valley Combined Authority 2019
As part of the Devolution Deal for Tees Valley, the Tees Valley Combined Authority will take over responsibility for the Adult Education Budget currently administered by the Education Skills Funding Agency, to deliver adult skills provision in the Tees Valley from 1 August 2019.
The funding will help to support a more responsive, flexible skills system. It will target the training paths needed to better connect with business demand, driving business growth and helping our residents fill the roles of today and tomorrow.
It will help us create a more dynamic education offer to learners and businesses and work more closely with our strategic, economically significant training providers across the public, private and community sectors.
The Commissioning Process for the delivery of the Adult Education and Skills provision in the Tees Valley from 1 August 2019, is now closed.
- Inspiring Our Future: Our 2018-21 plan to build the skills we need for a modern economy
- Strategic Skills Plan: Adult Education Budget (AEB)
- Strategic Economic Plan
- Funding and Performance Management Rules 2019/2020
- Funding Higher-Risk Organisations and Subcontractors 2019/2020
- Funding Rates and Formula 2019/2020
- Provider Performance Management Framework 2019/2020
- Subcontracting Policy 2019/2020
Guidance documents for apprenticeships
January Parents’ Pack
January’s edition of the Parents’ Pack is full of resources about apprenticeships, including what employers are really looking for in an apprentice, hobbies that look good on an application, apprenticeships in the Army, the social life of an apprentice, and much more. Schools, colleges and careers staff are encouraged to share this helpful pack through their parent channels.
Application Hints and Tips from 50+ Employers
Vacancy Snapshot contains valuable application hints and tips from more than 50 apprenticeship employers across England. As well as tailored advice on making a winning application, you can find behind-the-scenes videos, apprenticeship programme information and much more.
Exciting New Apprenticeship Live Broadcasts
More inspiring employers have signed up for Live Broadcasts in 2019, including Accenture, Bentley Motors and Pret. Schools can benefit from hearing directly from recruiters and apprentices in these short 15 minute broadcasts. A catch-up service is also available for all broadcasts 72 hours after going live, allowing viewers to choose a convenient time to watch.
Updated: 101 Apprenticeship Activities for Schools Guide
Version 2 of the popular 101 Amazing Apprenticeship Activities for Schools guide is now available. This guide is designed to be used by schools and other educational establishments supporting students in years 10 – 13, teachers and parents.
Split into unique sections for ideas to use with your students, teachers and parents, the guide contains 101 engaging and informative apprenticeship activities to help all stakeholders understand the incredible opportunities, benefits and complexities of apprenticeships.
Air, Land, Sea and Rail
Business, Finance and Accountancy
General Case studies
Health and Social
IT and Digital
University and Graduates
The factsheets below contain an overview of key job sectors in the Tees Valley. This includes how big the sector is, the types and numbers of jobs that are available, the skills and qualities needed to work in the sector and information on the ways in which you can gain relevant qualifications and experience to get a job in the sector
Gatsby 4 & 5 – Why BT for Education
If you haven’t already set up a LinkedIn profile – Great way to engage with businesses to support your careers programme and also to keep up with what is going on in our area! (BM 2 – LMI)
- Careers guidance – Statutory guidance for governing bodies and school staff.
- Careers guidance – Training provider
- Careers & Enterprise SEND – Guidance
- Destinations Data
- How to engage employers – Guide
- Careers guidance – Role of the governing body
- The SEND Gatsby Benchmark Toolkit
- Quality in Careers – Standard
- Tees Valley Careers – Framework
- Evidence base for careers websites
- Careers in the curriculum – What works?
- Careers provision in colleges – What works?
- Work experience, job shadowing and workplace visits – What works?
- Personal Guidance – What works?
- Transitioning skills – What works?
- Volunteering – What works?